Monday, March 23, 2015

Tygerberg Photographic Society - October 2014

I'm a little behind with my blog posts, hoping to catch up this week, but this is a start!

The October set subject was 'Photojournalism". Not my favourite form of photography, but these were my two entries for the month, and I was more pleased with them than the judge was! The photo of the Vissershok Road flooding was taken in July last year, while the "Zone 7" motorcyclist was taken in October 2014 during a TPS organised outing. Both these images received Silver ratings.





As expected, having advanced to the 3-star photographer category makes it just that more difficult to achieve Gold ratings for photos, and this month only one of my photos qualified for that status. This is the image - it's of one of the Rapport Newspaper Sunday morning vendors, a very pleasant and friendly gentleman named Moses.




My final image entered into the "Open" category can be seen on the TPS Entries page. Just click on the "TPS Entries" link on the menu bar.

As normal, please click on the images for the large versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.