Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tygerberg Photographic Society - February 2015

So - one year in and my first anniversary with the TPS! What a great year it has been, and I can honestly say that joining them was the best thing that could have happened for my photography progress. The highlights (of course) have been when the judges like one's photos and score them highly, and the worst times are when the images just don't rate! But even the negatives have positives, as it is here where one learns the most from one's mistakes.

Set subject for February: Macro, or close-ups. As mentioned previously, this is an area that I really enjoy, and this month all the photos I submitted, both in the print and open categories, were macro images. So I'm going to show the images of all submissions below, though they can still be seen (with the judge's ratings) on the TPS Entries page (link is on the menu bar). As usual, please click on the images for the large versions.


Lichen on oak


The ageing process

Marbles and frangipani

The Balotelli wave

My biggest disappointment for this month was not receiving a Gold rating for the shot of the marbles and frangipani reflections. Mainly because the judge did not give any reasons for marking the image down. But even though it didn't get Gold, I still really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.