Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tygerberg Photographic Society - March 2015

The set subject for this month was "Sunsets or sunrises". I've taken so many of these over the years that it should have been easy to find two images to submit that would have eared Gold ratings. But, I decided to be clever, and enter an image that would stand out from the rest (the "Cold sunset" image - first one shown below), and it did, but not in the way I had hoped! With hindsight, I think the judge (and everyone else) wanted to see a sunset with the rich warm colours one normally associates with that time of day, so that image only earned a Silver rating. All my other submissions, however, earned Golds. All in all a good month!

As usual, just click on the image for a larger version. Titles and ratings can be seen on the TPS page (link on menu bar).





I must also just say that I really enjoyed playing with the macro images. The colours, lighting and reflections really have made the marbles a very special project, and the colours and detail that came out of photographing the pink butterfly bush were very special indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.