Monday, September 19, 2016

Tygerberg Photographic Society - June 2016


And so on to June's entries, the Set Subject being Low Light Photography. I was unfortunately unable to attend the Club meeting, as I looked a bit like a pirate with a patch over my left eye - the result of having cataracts removed that same day!

The image I chose for the Set Subject Digital entry was taken during our recent holiday. It was in a restaurant called Abbey Rose, in the beautiful little town of Greyton. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was just superb, and this is one of my favourite images taken while we were away.

This image received a Gold ratings, while the other three all received Silver ratings.


Looking back, I see that all the submissions for June were taken from our holiday! The image below was used for my Set Subject Print section, and is part of a boardwalk at the Garden of Eden bird sanctuary in Tsitsikamma.


My final two entries were both in the Digital Open section. The first is of a houseboat moored at the Knysna Marina, taken during a boat trip through the canals. I really love the moody feel of the image.


The last image was taken during our stay at the beautiful Klondyke Cherry Farm in Ceres. The scene reminded me of a painting, and the photo was taken in the early morning light.







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.