Monday, September 19, 2016

Tygerberg Photographic Society - July 2016


The set subject for July was Scapes. Our holiday this year again proved beneficial - three of the images submitted were from the holiday collection.

For my Set Subject Print entry, I chose this image of one of the many pedestrian bridges that adorn the magnificent Thesen Island Estate in Knysna. This was also taken while on a boat trip through the canals. I know the image is very "busy", but I just love it!


The image I used for the Set Subject Digital entry was the famous view at the Valley of Desolation in Graaff-Reinet. I'm sure just about every photographer who has visited the site will have a similar image. I was just fortunate to visit when there were some clouds in the distance, and during the sunset hours. Common image or not, the view is breathtaking! The judge thought so too and this was the only entry that received a Gold rating.


The next image was entered into the Open Digital section. It's a macro shot of an egg that still had some of Mommy's feathers attached. I think it's quite dramatic!


The final image, also Open Digital, was taken at the Tenikwa Game Reserve in Tsitsikamma. A visit to the Reserve is highly recommended, with a number of different cat species to be seen. Some are in enclosures that one can enter with one of the guides. This serval really didn't enjoy being disturbed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.