Wednesday, July 22, 2026

A short stroll in the Helderberg Nature Reserve

Partly cloudy, overcast day. Decided to take a short slow walk around the dam at the Helderberg Nature Reserve.

Light breeze blowing, from the north,  and it was bitterly cold! When I arrived, there were quite a few cars in the parking area, but when I left about an hour later it looked like the drivers and passengers all had the same idea as I did - enough! Time for a warmer environment!

There's not much going on in the reserve at present - season changes are due soon and things will brighten up, but we have typical winter scenes right now - not much colour and subdues tones. However, there were still some worthwhile things to capture. And one good thing about the overcast conditions - the shady areas offered nice dark backgrounds for the subjects.  

Herewith a small selection of images.

The weather conditions

The mountains

The dam

A splash of yellow

A new life emerging

Wind-swept protea

A Cape Robin showing the way

Various lichen varieties

A final splash of colour

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.