Friday, December 30, 2016

Tygerberg Photographic Society - October 2016


October's set subject was "Reflections". We had three of our top photographers sharing duties as judges for the evening, and they did a fantastic job!



For my print entry, I chose a photo taken at the Theewaterskloof Dam. I really like the feel of the image, and luckily so did the judges. My first of two Gold awards for the evening.


My digital entry for the set subject section was taken at the Thesen Islands residential complex. It's a really beautifully conceived development and this image, taken from under one of the road bridges, reflects a typical scene there. This image received a Silver award.


My pride and joy for the evening, however, is this photo taken of one of Jacqui's beautiful display of Spring flowers. It is just a simple anemone, but the colours are absolutely amazing, and the stacking process (7 photos) worked really well. The image scored Gold and was the winner in the print open category.





My final entry, in the digital open section, was taken during a day trip to the Rawsonville area. Again, I really love the feel of the image, and it displays the incredible contrast in people's values. The housing and living conditions are by no stretch of the imagination the greatest, yet satellite TV has to be had! The judges found the image too "busy", and it received a Silver rating.



Just one more TPS meeting for the year to cover and hopefully I will post the commentary tomorrow and start 2017 off with a clean slate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome.